The Tsinghua University Computer Science (CS) Program is ranked among the top in China.
With growing international reputation for excellence in education and research, coupled with the
increasing demand for CS education from our diversified student body, we offer this master's program
in Advanced Computing.
In this program, we offer a broad and innovative course curriculum focusing on both cutting-edge advances in CS and Chinese practices. This program aims to foster CS professionals who have comprehensive computer skills, excellent academic merits and great global perspectives. We welcome applicants from all over the world who have a Bachelor's degree in CS or related areas. The program is designed to be completed in two years of full-time study, including the completion of the course study and a master thesis.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in CS or related areas and must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2019 —— 17:00 PM Dec 15, 2019
2nd Round: 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2020 —— 17:00 PM Mar 1, 2020
Our program is still open until the end of March for the 3rd round application in 2020.
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
Complete Online Application on the website of Graduate Admission Office, Tsinghua University.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system.
1. Personal statement. Master's degree program applicants should submit a Personal Statement. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both a Personal Statement and a brief introduction of their research experience.
2. Degree certificate. Master's degree program applicants should submit their Bachelor's degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both their Master's and Bachelor's degree certificates. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline must provide a pre-graduation certificate from their current academic institution. In this case, the degree certificate must be submitted before registration.
3. Academic transcript. Master's degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of their undergraduate study. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit academic transcripts of both their graduate and undergraduate studies. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline must provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcript must be submitted before registration.
4. Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references.
5. Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport). According to Article 3 of the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, any individual who was a Chinese national and then acquired a foreign nationality shall provide a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household registration.
1. Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations should be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Scans of copies are also not acceptable.
3. The application fee must be paid at the time the application is submitted. (It cannot be covered by the Chinese Government Scholarship). THU is not responsible for errors made by applicants during the application process. There are no application fee refunds.
4. Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed.
5. THU has the right to request that applicants provide the original or notarial hardcopies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient.
6. As some countries’ higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should refer to THU’s online application website for reference.
7. None of the above application documents will be returned.
8. Applicants shall guarantee that all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate. If the admission departments or certification authorities verify that the application information or documents are false, positive admission decisions will be cancelled. Students will also be disqualified from enrollment and study even if they have been admitted.
9. Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
Tsinghua University mainly offers two kinds of scholarships to prospective full-time international graduate students: Full Scholarship and Tuition Scholarship.
The Full Scholarships, e.g. Chinese Government Scholarship, usually cover tuition, stipend, on-campus accommodation, and medical insurance. Annual Review is strictly required. The qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS). Applicants should apply to China Scholarship Council (CSC) through the Chinese Embassies or Consulates, or relevant organizations in the home countries of the applicants between November and April (varied for different countries). Please find out the application deadline for your country in advance.
The Tuition Scholarships cover full or partial tuition fee support with a duration of one academic year. Applicants may apply for Tuition Scholarships annually (competitive).
For further information about scholarships and the application process, please refer to the website Scholarships for Prospective Full-time International Graduate Students at Tsinghua University.
|RMB 39,000/year (Master Program)
RMB 40,000/year (PhD Program)
|RMB 40-80/day·bed for single rooms, AB rooms and double rooms in student dormitories||RMB 800/year|