The Tsinghua University Computer Science (CS) Program is ranked among the top in China.
With growing international reputation for excellence in education and research, coupled with the
increasing demand for CS education from our diversified student body, we offer this master's program
in Advanced Computing.
In this program, we offer a broad and innovative course curriculum focusing on both cutting-edge advances in CS and Chinese practices. This program aims to foster CS professionals who have comprehensive computer skills, excellent academic merits and great global perspectives. We welcome applicants from all over the world who have a Bachelor's degree in CS or related areas. The program is designed to be completed in two years of full-time study, including the completion of the course study and a master thesis.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in CS or related areas and must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2018 —— 17:00 PM Dec 15, 2018
2nd Round: 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2019 —— 17:00 PM Mar 1, 2019
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
Complete Online Application on the website of Graduate Admission Office, Tsinghua University.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system.
1. Personal statement. Doctoral degree program applicants also need to submit a brief introduction of their research experience.
2. Degree certificate. Master's degree program applicants should submit a bachelor’s degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates. Applicant who is unable to graduate before the application deadline must provide the pre-graduation certificate of his/her current academic institute. In this case, the degree certificate shall be submitted before July 31,2019.
3. Academic transcript. Master’s degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of undergraduate study. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit academic transcripts of both graduate and undergraduate studies.
4. Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references.
5. Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport). According to Article 3 of the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, any individual who was a Chinese national and then acquired a foreign nationality shall provide a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household registration.
1. Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
3. The application fee must be paid at the time when the application is submitted. (It cannot be covered by the Chinese Government Scholarship). THU is not responsible for errors made by applicants during the application process. There are no application fee refunds.
4. Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed.
5. THU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarial hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
6. None of the above application documents will be returned.
The qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS).
Applicants should apply to China Scholarship Council (CSC) through
the Chinese Embassies or Consulates, or relevant organizations in the home countries of the applicants
between November and April (varied for different countries). Please find out the application
deadline for your country in advance.
Please visit here for more scholarship information.
|RMB 39,000/year (Master Program)
RMB 40,000/year (PhD Program)
|RMB 40-80/day·bed for single rooms, AB rooms and double rooms in student dormitories||RMB 600/year|