Core program value as “Siemens career path” + “Tsinghua academic life”
Academic & industrial research in parallel through dual management model by academic advisor in Tsinghua University & corporate innovation manager in Siemens Corporate Technology
Joining Siemens PhD Network - A Corporate Community for young researchers worldwide
1. Contents and Standard
—— Tuition fees: 40,000 RMB/year;
—— Living allowance (including accommodation, medical insurance, books or other materials and transportation,etc.): 160,000 RMB/year in total.
—— Scholarships are awarded to the Scholarship recipients for a period of four years in principle; If the Scholarship recipient completes his or her study and gets the degree in advance, the duration of the scholarship for the student shall be shortened accordingly and consistent with the actual study period.
—— Scholarship recipient who have not been able to complete their study due to objective (exceptional) reasons within four years or will reach a better achievement in their research if the length of study is extended for a period of time may apply to extend their length of study sponsored by the Scholarship after approval of study extension from the University. The application should be subject to the written approval of all members of the Scholarship Committee.
——Scholarship recipients shall participate in the Annual Review once a year to decide whether they are qualified to be sponsored by the scholarship for the next academic year.
3. The Scholarship Recipient of Siemens China Scholarship are required to select one of the following research topics as the main research topic for the Ph.D. stage and have to carry out the research with Siemens.
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
1. Meet the requirements of admission for international graduate students [detailed information refer to the Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua University 2022 (For International Students)];
2. Should apply the department/school in the table below;
3. Must appreciate Siemens Values, and be willing to work together with Siemens to carry out research work;
4. Are not offered other kinds of scholarships for study at Tsinghua University.
1. The applicant read this introduction carefully, and make sure that you meet the requirements of the scholarship.
2. Apply for 2022 full-time international graduate programs and submit the online application here.
3. Please upload the application documents listed below through ‘Upload Application Documents-Others’
—— Application Form for Siemens China Scholarship (Click here to download)
—— Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Click here to download): The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
1. Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be written in English. Please scan the original documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
2. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate. Any time fraud or deliberate exaggeration is found, one will be disqualified from application or awards.
3. Applications with incomplete documents or not up to the requirements will not be processed.
4. All applications must be submitted online. There is no other way of application.
5. The applicant shall submit the scholarship application materials within the prescribed time. Failing to upload the scholarship application materials within the prescribed date shall be regarded as a renouncement of the application.
6. This scholarship is a competitive scholarship. In order to increase the chances of obtaining financial aid during the study, it is suggested that the applicants should apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at the same time.
The review and selection procedure for Siemens China Scholarship:
1. Department of Computer Science and Technology in Tsinghua University will review the application materials of the scholarship applicants who have been pre-admitted, and in charge of selection and recommendation. The recommendation list will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee.
2. Applicants will become Siemens China Scholarship Candidates only with the full approval of all members of the Scholarship Committee.
3. Candidates and their supervisors will reach an agreement with Siemens on the scientific research cooperation. After that, the candidates can be qualified for scholarships.
The list of the Scholarship Recipients is expected to publish in the Application for Graduate Admission (http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn) in the middle of April 2022.
If the Scholarship Recipients fails to register within the prescribed time, his or her award qualification will no longer be retained.
1. Scholarship Recipients of the Siemens China Scholarship do not have to pay the tuition fees on their own; Tsinghua University does not guarantee the on-campus accommodation; Scholarship Recipients should apply for on-campus accommodation or contact off-campus accommodation on their own; when the Scholarship Recipients register, they should purchase comprehensive medical insurance.
2. Graduate school is in charge of the distribution of living allowance. After registered for each semester, the Scholarship Recipients will get 30,000 RMB in September and March respectively, and 10,000 RMB monthly for the rest of the year. For the doctoral students who still receive scholarships in the last year of study, living allowance will be granted until the end of the graduation month.
3. If a Scholarship Recipients drops out of school, transfers to another school or be expelled from the University, the living allowance shall be stopped from the date of approval.
4. When a Scholarship Recipients is temporarily absent, the living allowance will be suspended from the next month of approval. After the resumption, the living allowance will be granted again.
5. The Scholarship Recipients who have studied in China for more than one academic year or who have to extend their scholarship because of the extension of study period should go through the Annual Review of Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as “Annual Review”) in June once a year. The annual review contains the academic performance, learning attitude, attendance, student conducts, rewards and punishments, etc. Scholarship Recipients who pass the annual review will continue to be sponsored by the Scholarship. Otherwise, the Scholarship will be suspended or terminated.
6. The scholarship will be suspended for a year under any of the following circumstances, if the Scholarship Recipients:
1) Fail in two degree courses or fail in the degree course for two times during the recent one academic year;
2) Have not reached the required credits in two consecutive years;
3) Have been kept in school but placed under surveillance.
4) Are in violation of the R&D agreement with SIEMENS, at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
The suspension will take effect at the beginning of the next semester. The student should pay for the tuition, accommodation and other fees as a self-financed student. Before the suspension expires, those involved can apply to go through the annual review of that year. If they pass the annual review and get the approval from the Scholarship Committee, they can renew their scholarship from the next academic year.
7. The scholarship will be terminated under any of the following circumstances, if the Scholarship Recipients:
1) are compelled to dismissed from the university;
2) are absent in the annual review without permission.
3) are in violation of the key provisions in the R&D agreement with SIEMENS.
The cancellation will take effect from the date when the result of annual review is announced. The student should pay for the tuition, accommodation and other fees as a self-financed student. The scholarship cannot be resumed.
8. In principle, Scholarship Recipients cannot change his/her supervisor or research field after enrollment. In case of exceptional reasons, he or she may change supervisors after approval by the University and continue to receive scholarship only after approval by the Siemens China Scholarship Committee. Otherwise, he or she will be disqualified from the Scholarship.
9. Students who are awarded this scholarship are required to obtain SIEMENS' written confirmation to apply for other scholarships.
10. The Scholarship Recipients should process to follow the Student Status Regulations of Graduate Students of Tsinghua University and the relevant requirements. In the process of participating in the Siemens research project, the Scholarship Recipients should strictly abide by the national laws and regulations.
|Research fields||Tsinghua Professors|
|Probabilistic Machine Learning for Industrial Applications||Peng Cui (email@example.com)
Jie Tang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jun Zhu (email@example.com)
|Semantic modeling for digital manufacturing
Simulation and optimization algorithms
|Wenjian Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Juanzi Li (email@example.com) (Semantic modeling for digital manufacturing)
Hailong Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Simulation and optimization algorithms)
|AI in software engineering||Dan Li (email@example.com)
Dan Pei (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guoliang Li (email@example.com)
|Robot skill learning and execution
Advanced robot applications
AI and robot applications
|Huaping Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Juanzi Li (email@example.com) (AI and robot applications)
|Edge computing||Hailong Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lifeng Sun (email@example.com)
Wenjian Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)